ONLINE COURSE Workplace Skills for Emerging Professionals
35.5 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Credits
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Workplace Skills for Emerging Professionals is an online course that has been designed to prepare new employees and young trainees for the workplace. The prospects of joining companies and experienced teams can be exciting and overwhelming to young inexperienced trainees. In this course, we share with participants practical tips for building self-confidence, preparedness, and excitement about the workplace.
The recruits eager to impress in their new jobs will be ready to fit in, learn, adapt, and become part of well-experienced teams in their places of work. When young professionals adapt faster in the workplace, they perform better and remain committed to career goals. They are also more inclined to show loyalty to the organisations that create career opportunities for them, therefore developing a long-term relationship with colleagues and employers. Participants who are already on the job receive five free coaching and mentoring calls with the course facilitator.
OVERALL OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- Apply workplace success skills and become confident recruits.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, behavioural, professional, and technical skills that enable improved performance.
- Find their place within organisations and teams, enabling them to accelerate learning and performance.
- Execute tasks to the best of their abilities.
- Contribute more rapidly to the objectives of the organisation.
- Develop a strong commitment to work, lifelong learning, and career progression.
WHAT DO PARTICIPANTS LEARN?
Upon completing the course, participants will be able to:
Identify the benefits of workplace skills.
Formulate self-convincing life and career goals.
Identify and apply interpersonal skills.
Apply the “positive mindset, attitude, and outcomes” model.
Differentiate between Social Quotient (SQ), Emotional Intelligence (EQ), and Adversity/Resilience quotient (AQ).
Apply verbal and non-verbal (workplace) communication skills.
Apply business (workplace) writing skills.
Evaluate the negative impact of unprofessional behaviour.
Examine the strategy cascading process and appreciate the contribution of each employee towards the goals of the organisation.
Recall the importance of meeting and exceeding performance standards.
Explain the importance of company policies and procedures.
Identify and apply high-priority organisational skills that drive high performance.
Plan and manage career progression once in the workplace.
Distinguish between budgeting and personal finances and be able to make critical financial decisions.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Young and newly hired professionals
Trainees undertaking in-company training (e.g., Dual Vocational Training)
Youth who have recently completed high school (Grade 12/NSC) and planning to join skills programmes
Graduates from the institutions of higher learning
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COURSE
- Access to a laptop and or personal computer.
- Sufficient data to join virtual sessions with the course facilitator, participate in group forums, complete course activities, quizzes, and assignments.
- Strong determination to develop oneself.
- Willingness to participate in group and peer-to-peer activities.
- Willingness to interact with other participants via emails and or WhatsApp to support learning.
- Willingness to reach out to the course facilitator for additional support.
- Keeping a positive mindset and attitude towards learning
- Being a team player.
For six weeks
(12 Online Sessions, 11 Modules, 36 hours)
You will join two online sessions of 90 minutes per week with your course facilitator.
You need 3 – 4 hours per week to complete self-study material, course activities, and assignments.
Accredited CPD Provider